So my plan tonight was to make baked pork chops, scratch that I came home to no electricity because of the rain! Luckily, Maddie reminded me that we had a grand new grill waiting to be used outside 🙂 I was a little nervous, because to be honest I’ve never used a grill alone before but as I said, there’s a first for everything! Usually when I make a meat I always have a vegetable on the side. Well tonight were having two, because greens are good for you! Or at least that is what I was told when I was young.
Grilled Pork Chops with grilled asparagus & potatoes
What you will need:
- 3 Pork Chops
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- vegetable oil
- Pork Seasoning
- 2 garlic clove, minced
Wash potatoes & cut in thin slices. Drizzle with oil & season with salt and pepper. (I also used potato seasoning)
Next wash asparagus , then cut an inch off the bottom. Drizzle with oil & garlic.
Heat the grill on high! Place two pieces of tin foil on the grill, one for asparagus and one for the potatoes. Let the asparagus cook on grill for 10 minutes and potatoes for 20 minutes. (Watch & toss both as needed)
After you remove the asparagus from grill, add the pork chops. Season pork with the pork seasoning & let cook for 5 minutes on each side. When the pork is done, remove from grill.
YUM, I will definitely be grilling again!
While Taia & Mia are gone tonight at work… Maddie & I decided to have a gourmet meal! Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans! I found this recipe on Myrecipes.com, it is so easy to make & it tastes like something you would get at a restaurant. Definitely an impressive dish!
What you will need: (serves about 4 people)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds of sea scallops
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cans of white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package of spinach
- 2 teaspoons of basil
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
When scallops are light brown remove from pan; keep warm.
2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts; stir in basil.
Turn burner to low & add scallops back into skillet. Let reheat for 1 minute.
Pair this meal with a piece of garlic bread & you are good to go!