While Taia & Mia are gone tonight at work… Maddie & I decided to have a gourmet meal! Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans! I found this recipe on Myrecipes.com, it is so easy to make & it tastes like something you would get at a restaurant. Definitely an impressive dish!
What you will need: (serves about 4 people)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds of sea scallops
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cans of white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package of spinach
- 2 teaspoons of basil
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
When scallops are light brown remove from pan; keep warm.
2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts; stir in basil.
Turn burner to low & add scallops back into skillet. Let reheat for 1 minute.
Pair this meal with a piece of garlic bread & you are good to go!