This past weekend as I was looking for new recipes to try out I came across lolfoodie.com, a food blog with a lot of good looking food. After looking through a number of recipes, the Chick Peas & Greens Salad really stood out to me. As I jotted down the recipe & headed to the grocery store I made a pit-stop at good ole Target :). As the cooking isles obviously distracted me I noticed Food Network’s Giada De Laurentiis’s line for Target. There was so much, I wanted to buy everything! After 20 minutes of staring & wishing I had every cooking piece, I decided to move along UNTIL I saw Giada’s starter kit for Tuscan-style white bean & garlic soup! It was almost exactly the same recipe I was going to the grocery to get!!! WHAT A COINCIDENCE…. thank you Giada for allowing me skip a couple steps & being able to have my dinner ready in 2o minutes 🙂
Do you see the similarity?? (Both have bacon, greens & white beans)
The Starter Kit comes with a packet of garlic seasoning & white beans
::what you will need:: 3 slices of bacon, 4 oz. of spinach & 4 cups of chicken stock
Start by chopping the bacon into little pieces & cook for 4 minutes.
Next add the chicken stock, white beans & packet of seasoning to the pot…
LET liquid come to a BOIL, then cover & simmer for 20 minutes until beans are soft.
Time for the greens 🙂
Let spinach wilt & cook on low for 2 minutes…
AFTER a TOTAL of 20 MINUTES…. its time to EAT 🙂
Thank you Giada for making my night alot easier! 🙂 Manja!
Yummy, one of my favorites…turkey chili! My sister Taia hates chili so since she was working late tonight, I decided it would be a perfect night to make it considering the twins & I love it.
What you will need:
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 packets of chili seasoning
(By accident I grabbed one taco seasoning 😦 )
- 2 peppers one red, one green
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cans of red kidney beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- cheddar cheese
Start by browning the ground turkey over medium heat, add garlic. Chop the onion & peppers and add to pot.
Now add tomatoes, beans, chili seasoning, tomato paste stir together & cook over low/medium heat for 20 minutes. (Make sure to stir every 5 minutes).
2 steps & your done! how easy was that? Top chili with cheddar cheese, I also added tortilla chips to my bowl to scoop the chili with! 🙂
Lets Eat! a healthy dinner ready in 20 minutes, you cant beat it!
While Taia & Mia are gone tonight at work… Maddie & I decided to have a gourmet meal! Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans! I found this recipe on Myrecipes.com, it is so easy to make & it tastes like something you would get at a restaurant. Definitely an impressive dish!
What you will need: (serves about 4 people)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds of sea scallops
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cans of white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package of spinach
- 2 teaspoons of basil
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
When scallops are light brown remove from pan; keep warm.
2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts; stir in basil.
Turn burner to low & add scallops back into skillet. Let reheat for 1 minute.
Pair this meal with a piece of garlic bread & you are good to go!